Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie
Lilypie Maternity tickers

24 June 2009

If the Halo Fits

I'm borrowing the "If the Halo Fits" stamp set from my friend Carly. It is one of the "Last Chance" stamp sets, and I've always wanted to make a few cards with it. To thank Carly for her generosity, I have made her this card:


Stamp Sets: If the Halo Fits, Lace Pattern (background)
Card Stock: Blush Blossom, Close to Cocoa, Whisper White
Ink: Blush Blossom, Close to Cocoa
Accents: silver brads, dimensionals, blender pen

I don't usually explain how I made a certain card because I see a card and I can figure out how it was done 9 times out of 10. But I see a lot of people are explaining how they made their cards, so I'll try it:

I stamped the angel and the flower in close to cocoa and cut them out seperately. I suppose I could have stamped the flower onto the angel's hands, but I didn't think about that until afterwards. I used a blender pen with Blush Blossom to fill in the flower and the design on the angel's dress. Then I used dimensionals to make the angel pop out a bit more.

For the background, I used the Lace Pattern background (it's expired now) with Blush Blossom. My table sinks down in the center, so I find that when I try to use the background stamps, the middle doesn't show up as well. so I ink the pad and place the card stock on the pad, instead of the stamp on the card stock, to ensure that I have a full image. Perhaps with this stamp I didn't need to do that, since the middle of the card stock was going to be covered up anyway, but I've gotten into the habit of it.

Perhaps that was more helpful?

No comments:

Post a Comment