Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie
Lilypie Maternity tickers

21 May 2009

Correction of Commencement

Well, I was misinformed about the swap. I have to make only 35-40 card fronts (which is a relief), and the swap is held on Saturday, June 13, not June 6. So it also gives me some breathing room, because I am still waiting for an order for the paper and the 'Tearing Edge' (a ruler that creates a perfect tear). I have already stamped the flower and the caption on the Whisper White card stock (I have actually done 100 of them - yeesh), so I get to make 100 of those cards anyway!

I have also recently purchased expired stamp sets off eBay, and I got three Canada Post notifications today, so I will be picking them up later this afternoon. (excited!) I have ordered 2 background stamps (diamond and lace patterns), and 'Vogue Verses', 'Holiday Hello', and 'Fun Filled'. I can't wait to get them... lots of new ideas! Now I just have to get the Stampin' Up! family colour stamp sets, so I can coordinate my colours!

Last night I worked on a gift card holder. Robyn (my demonstrator) showed us the template this past Tuesday, so I got busy and made a few. I had some left over paper from Michaels, and I had been wondering what to do with it, so I made the gift card holders with that paper. Here is a picture of what we made on Tuesday:


The inside. I used a business card, but they're about the same size.



Here is my attempt at the directions for it:

4 1/4" x 11" size card stock (in the picture we used DSP).
Score the paper (you can use a bone folder and a ruler) at 3", 5 1/2", and 8".
Fold the paper so that it looks like a "w" or "m".
Using double sided tape, tape the edges of the card stock so that the middle is glued together (looks like "T").
Cut a slit down the edge, so the gift card will fit. We also used a tag punch to make an indent to get the gift card out easier.
You can decorate the front of it whichever way you like. We used birthday wishes because birthdays are a good excuse to buy someone a gift card!

I hope the directions make sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment